Frequently Asked Questions
KLOOV is a web3 platform dedicated to music in the form of NFTs that you can purchase and collect. Your KLOOV profile is like a public portfolio showcasing the artists that you support through the purchase of their Digital Collectibles.
A Non Fungible Token is a digital contract associated to a digital artistic work. This contract gives the owner certain rights on the work, like being able to listen to the music, use the picture in platforms, receive royalties, trade it on secondary markets, accesing premium features, etc. The NFT contract is public as it's stored on the Blockchain but respects the owners' privacy.
A Xclusivs NFT is a full length song turn into a collectible piece. There is a limited number of NFTs per song, each copy is unique and typically the fewer the copies the higher their value. Owning this kind of NFT gives you access to the Xclusivs, or the complete song.
To purchase an NFT, you need a Metamask wallet with sufficient balance in Ethereum to pay for the NFT and the associated network gas. Then go to Purchase and follow the instructions on Metamask, it will require that you digitally sign the transaction to fully approve it. Bear in mind this process can take several minutes, depending on the status of the Blockchain at that moment.
As you may already know, KLOOV is a platform that operates within the Ethereum blockchain. Therefore, an Ethereum wallet will be necessary to properly set every user's account since it will store your ETH balance, which you can use to purchase NFTs (e.g., FullTracks), collect your ETH income, and store NFTs. MetaMask is a software cryptocurrency wallet used to interact with the Ethereum blockchain. To set up your MetaMask wallet, please follow the following steps.
Mobile - iOS
- Open the App Store and hit the search button 🔎 in the bottom right. Input MetaMask into the search bar.
- Either click "Get" or tap on the name of the app 📲 to see more details. Complete the usual App Store download confirmation process.
- Once installed, open the app 🤳 and follow the prompts to create your wallet.
- Back up your Secret Recovery Phrase 🔐 somewhere safe and offline! Go to 🌍 Browser (in Metamask) and type kloov.com. Enjoy your web3 journey!
Mobile - Android
- Open the Play Store and search for 🔎 "MetaMask". The official MetaMask app looks like the screenshot below. Be VERY CAREFUL that you don't install a fake MetaMask app! Look for the ConsenSys name.
- Tap "Install" and wait for the process to finish 📲.
- Once installed, open the app and follow the prompts 🤳 to create your wallet.
- Back up your Secret Recovery Phrase somewhere safe 🔐 and offline!
- Go to 🌍 Browser (in Metamask) and type kloov.com. Enjoy your web3 journey!
Tap on the shortened address below the account label; you may have to tap several times. This will copy the account's address to the clipboard.
- Visit https://metamask.io/ 💻.
- Hit "Download" ⬇️ in the menu bar.
- Click "Install MetaMask for Chrome". 👆 You will be directed to the Chrome Web Store.
- Click "Add to Chrome".
- On the pop up, click "Add extension".
After adding Metamask Extension, Metamask will automatically open. You can also make sure it's easily accessible in your toolbar by clicking the jigsaw icon in the top-right of the screen, and hitting the pin icon.
When you hover over the account label, the message “Copy to clipboard” should appear.